From me to you... ;)
March snuck up on on us this month and none of the folks that were supposed to have done this column followed through, so I thought I would throw one of my old mixes out there.
It was only recently that I stumbled across this mix that I had made for Sherri a couple of years ago. I thought it might be a good anniversary present, but never really gave her this copy with the last 4 or 5 tracks, until now. So, happy 20 babe... let's see where this highway goes, eh?
Honestly, the mix itself is mostly just a bunch of trax that I had on vinyl that she really liked. It's not perfect by any means and I definitely don't know what you would categorize it as. Kinda House... mostly. Whatever you wanna call it, have a listen. The mixer I was using had no channel-by-channel EQ, only one on the master, so the levels are a tiny bit off here and there, but not too much. Hope you dig it.
Here's what in it... track by track
- ummmm.... dunno.... it was the first track of a DJ Lawrence demo CD I got long ago that is awesome!
- O yea... if you've been around a minute, you know this one by Nalin & Kane - "BEACHBALL!" (The Original Club Mix).
- This track is one I picked up on Central Park Recordings, RSVP Remix by John Creamer and Stephane K. Very good inbetween track.
- I found this next track on one of Kid Icarus' records that he gave me a while back. It's "Hello Tomorrow" (JV & Red Eye Future Retro Mix)
- I just couldn't love this track more.... Joeski & Djulz - "A Night on Clery St" ... you can do anything with it... though this time, I let it go a lot longer than I really intended.
- Kinda stumbled here a little, goin into Faithless featuring Dido "One Step Too Far" - Alex Neri's Club Vocal
- Romain & Danny Krivit... I really stumbled into... sorry guys, but it is a great track on The Philly Groove EP. I just don't remember if it's "Phillys Groove" or "Ride"
- This track is undeniably one of the best tracks EVER! Puretone - Addicted to Bass (Different Gear Mix) But then, I have never been dissappointed in a Different Gear Mix.
- I have no idea where I got this, but it really is a pretty cool track. Amber "the need to be naked" (Peter Bailey's Tuff Luv Dub)
- What's not too love about this track? John Creamer & Stephane K - "I Love You". Positively Sexy Evil!
- The last two tracks were just kinda lobbed in there at the end... a couple that I was working with at the time, trying to decide which one would follow Track 10. Funny, they ended soundin just fine the way they are.
- see track 11.